Since 1967, the Jewish Community Foundation of San Diego (JCF) has facilitated grants of over $1.8 billion into the community. Two-thirds of these funds have been granted to organizations in San Diego, with the remaining primarily granted to organizations in the United States and Israel.
JCF's Competitive Application Platform (CAP) customizes and organizes competitive grantmaking programs for our donors and partnering organizations working to make tangible and long-lasting positive impacts in the San Diego region and beyond.
Nonprofit organizations interested in applying for a grant may review the opportunities listed below. If no listings appear, no current grant opportunities are available.
We are here to help! Questions regarding grant opportunities, including eligibility and timelines, may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for technical help (including login) with the CAP portal may be directed to email@example.com.
The Peter Chortek Leadership Award recognizes Jewish high school students in San Diego who are making a difference in our community by taking tikkun olam to the next level through their innovative leadership and passion.
You are the perfect candidate if you:
- Have organized and led an extraordinary tikkun olam project that has benefited others, your neighborhood, the community, the environment, or the world.
- Have demonstrated initiative, passion and positive spirit, and have inspired others to make a difference.
- Have created awareness about your issue, cause, or project.
- Have a long-term vision for the growth and sustainability of your work.
- Are currently in high school, and have been involved with your project for at least one year prior to application.
Award recipients will receive:
- $9,000 Stipend
- $540 to establish a Donor Advised Fund at the Jewish Community Foundation
- Professional Video about the recipient’s project
Please click on the "Submit" button to begin your application, creating login credentials if required. You can find full details about this opportunity at Grants | San Marcos, CA (san-marcos.net).
Once you have entered all required information and uploaded all required attachments, please click on the "Submit" button at the bottom on the application page to submit your completed application.
The CAP platform automatically saves your work in draft form as you fill out the application. You can download a PDF copy of your submitted application from the "My Submissions" section of your account.